Sunday, September 07, 2008

Radioface

If there's one good thing about the load of old plop currently describing itself as comedy on BBC 3 and C4, it's that it's finally motivating people to get off their arses and do their own thing*. 'Radioface' is a group of people from the Cook'd and Bomb'd comedy forum. Done with a budget of about three pounds twenty, and yet the first video made me laugh more than anything I've seen on UK television in about three years. Something about the sheer confidence of it, added to the great timing, and the fact that none of it lingers too long on any on bit, gives it a zip that 'properly' produced shows with a thousand times the budget can only dream of.



EDIT: no, no sign of the Blue Kitten yet, will of course put an update on the blog when she arrives, unless something more interesting happens, like a new D&D monster, that sort of fing.



* Actually I may be imposing my own agenda on to the creators' motivations there, they haven't said anything about the current state of comedy on BBC 3 or C4.


3 comments:

Tim F said...

Yes, very good, but have you done a baby yet?

Fat Roland said...

What he just said.

Danothebaldyheid said...

I like it - it reminds me of the Armando Ianucci shows which I downloaded a few years ago and enjoyed immensely. Something about serious questions done very stupidly works a treat....